Because I’ve chatted with a handful of women lately who’ve, much to my dismay, sung the praises of those Twilight novels. And then, I’m all like, “Have you heard of Let the Right One In? Since you said you love vampires and all,” and they’re all like, “Nope, sorry.” Where’s Col. Hans Landa when you really need him?
- The Unexpected Aftershocks of THE HOUSE WITH THE LAUGHING WINDOWS
- THE ASSESSMENT/EYES WIDE OPEN: Catherine Breillat’s ‘Bluebeard’
- THE ASSESSMENT: ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
- “Why was I the only person not laughing?”: The HOT TUB TIME MACHINE Dilemma.
- THE ASSESSMENT: Chloe (2010)
- The Search For My Own Private Harry Spencer
- Thanks to Bob Clark, I’ve played with this seemingly dead thing called my cinema blog. And now I’m back.
- THE ASSESSMENT: Brooklyn’s Finest (2010)
- SCORE-SETTLING (PART TWO): Shutter Island (2010)
- Not film-related, but I absolutely love this.
- So many jokes can be pulled from this pic; this one is especially fine.
- SELF-PROMO: “Six Book-To-Film Adaptations That Hollywood Needs to Make Happen”
- THE ASSESSMENT: The Wolfman (2010)
- SCORE-SETTLING: Shutter Island (2010)
- Pride-Providing Accomplishment of the Day: Shirley Jackson goes hip-hop