The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a damn-good Swedish thriller that opened here in America a couple weeks back, without any real promotion or word. Meaning, this is most likely the first time you’re hearing about the damn thing. Click the link below to learn more about it, courtesy of a review I’ve penned for Reel Loop:
- The Unexpected Aftershocks of THE HOUSE WITH THE LAUGHING WINDOWS
- THE ASSESSMENT/EYES WIDE OPEN: Catherine Breillat’s ‘Bluebeard’
- THE ASSESSMENT: ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
- “Why was I the only person not laughing?”: The HOT TUB TIME MACHINE Dilemma.
- THE ASSESSMENT: Chloe (2010)
- The Search For My Own Private Harry Spencer
- Thanks to Bob Clark, I’ve played with this seemingly dead thing called my cinema blog. And now I’m back.
- THE ASSESSMENT: Brooklyn’s Finest (2010)
- SCORE-SETTLING (PART TWO): Shutter Island (2010)
- Not film-related, but I absolutely love this.
- So many jokes can be pulled from this pic; this one is especially fine.
- SELF-PROMO: “Six Book-To-Film Adaptations That Hollywood Needs to Make Happen”
- THE ASSESSMENT: The Wolfman (2010)
- SCORE-SETTLING: Shutter Island (2010)
- Pride-Providing Accomplishment of the Day: Shirley Jackson goes hip-hop